What is the RPSC Exam
RPSC RAS Exam is a state level examination conducted by Rajasthan Public Service Commission. Through this examination, officers are selected for the posts of Administrative Services, Police Service, Accounts Service, Prison Service, Excise Service, Tehsildar Service, such as A and B Group. This exam is conducted in three stages.
The first phase is conducted as a preliminary examination, the second phase is conducted as the main examination and the third and final stage is conducted as an interview. Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is an authorized organization under the Rajasthan State Government. For the detailed information about the RPSC RAS aspirants, read the complete details given below.
To appear in the RPSC RAS exam, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Candidates can check the details of the exam eligibility criteria below, such as-
- The minimum age of the candidate for the RPSC examination has been fixed at 21 years and the maximum age is 45 years.
- 2. The minimum age limit for non-gazetted posts is 25 years and the maximum age limit is 45 years.
- The age limit will be calculated from 01 January next year of the examination year.
- The provision of relaxation in the age limit for reserved classes is unacceptable, ie the candidate will be given the benefit of relaxation in the maximum age limit of any one provision.
- Candidate holds the degree of a University of any of the schools incorporated/incorporated by the Act of the Central or State Legislatures in India or an Act established by an Act of Parliament or a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. (Degree) or any qualification equivalent thereto.
- But those candidates who are studying in the final year of graduation and such candidates who have not received the result of the final examination can all appear in the preliminary examination but at the time of the main examination, it is necessary to present the final result of the graduation examination.
Patterns and syllabus
RPSC exam is conducted in three stages, first preliminary exam, second main exam, third interview. Following is the pattern and course structure content of these three stages, such as-
Under the first phase of this examination, Preliminary Examination is conducted, it is just sorting, which is conducted for the selection of candidates for the main examination. The marks obtained in the preliminary examination are not included in the final merit to be made for selection.
Under the first examination, there is only one question paper ‘General Knowledge and General Science’. In which 150 questions are asked and all the questions are of equal marks. The nature of the question paper is objective type and one of the 4 options has to choose the correct answer. The time duration for this exam is 3 hours and maximum marks are 200.
Under RPSC Preliminary Examination, History of Rajasthan, Art, Culture, Tradition, and Heritage, History of India, World and Geography of India, Geography of Rajasthan, Indian Constitution, Political System and Governance System, Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan, Economical Concepts and Questions related to the Indian economy, the economy of Rajasthan, science, and technology, logical reasoning and mental ability and current affairs are asked.
Note- Negative marking will be done in the evaluation, in which 1/3 of the marks for the correct answer will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Mains Examination is conducted under the second phase of this examination, where the preliminary examination is just a sorted examination, while the main examination is the deciding factor for final selection. The final merit is made based on the marks obtained in it and the sum obtained in the interview.
There are 4 question papers organized under the main examination phase. The duration of each paper is 3 hours and maximum marks are 200 marks. Therefore, this phase is 800 digits in total. All four question papers ask explanatory type questions which are short/medium/long northern type.
The first question paper (General Studies – 1) will contain History (History of Rajasthan, Art, Culture, Tradition, and Heritage, Indian History and Culture, Modern World, History of World), Economy (Indian Economy, Global Economy, Economy of Rajasthan ) There will be questions related to Sociology, Management, Accounting, and Auditing.
The second question paper (General Studies – 2) will contain questions related to administrative ethics, general science, and technology, the geography of the world, geography of India, geography of Rajasthan.
The third question paper (General Studies-3) will contain questions related to the Indian political system, world political system and current affairs, concepts of public administration and management and dynamic, sports and yoga, behavior, and law.
There is a fourth question paper (General Hindi and General English), whose standard will be of senior secondary level. The purpose of this paper is to test the candidate’s language-thematic ability and the correct, clear, and effective expression of ideas.
As the final stage of this test, an interview or personality test is conducted, which is of 100 marks. The opportunity to participate in this phase is available to the same candidates, who pass the main examination and ensure their place for the interview. Preparation for the interview starts with the commencement of preparation for this exam, the only requirement is the multi-dimensional thinking of the facts along with that preparation.